United Way VITA Site Now Open
February 10, 2020
The United Way of Florence County's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax assistance to low-to-moderate income individuals and families with a household income of less than $56,000 a year.
Our Site Hours:
Our site will be open on select Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays in from now until April 15th. Our Monday hours will be from 10:00am to 2:00pm, our Wednesday hours will be from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, and our Saturday hours will be from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Walk-ins are welcome, but we strongly encourage individuals to schedule an appointment to come in to reduce their wait time.
How To Schedule An Appointment:
To schedule an appointment, you can either call the United Way at 843-662-2407 or go online to this link. Our appointment times are scheduled for one hour (though it may not take that long to prepare the taxes) and individuals are required to remain at the site while their taxes are being prepared.
What You Need To Bring With You:
- Social Security cards for taxpayer, spouse, and any dependents listed on the return
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse (if married filing jointly)
- Birth dates for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents
- All income statements: W-2, 1099, 1099-R, Social Security Benefits Statement, etc.
- Tuition Statement (1098-T) and related expenses from college or technical school
- Affordable Care Act Statements: Form 1095-A, B, or C or Healthcare information
- Bank account number and routing number (if you would like to direct deposit your refund)
If you have any other questions about our tax site, please contact us at 843-662-2407.