Now Hiring - Campaign Director
Campaign & Donor Relations Director
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt Employee
The Campaign & Donor Relations Director will be responsible
for growing and strengthening the United Way of Florence County’s annual
campaign and donor relations by maximizing giving, retaining current and
developing new relationships with key stakeholders, corporations, and
individuals, increasing volunteer recruitment and engagement, and growing
Resources under Management (RUM). This outward-facing role will require the
candidate to be a leader who has the demonstrated ability to meet goals and
build strong relationships.
- Develops and implements engagement and fundraising strategies that increase campaign revenue by retaining current and attracting new individual donors and company workplace campaigns on a year-round basis.
- Presents on the behalf of UWFC at all company presentations for the annual campaign and coordinates any additional speakers from the partner agencies.
- Completes face-to-face meetings with CEOs and company prospects in order to expand UWFC’s influence and campaign results within each organization.
- Maintains current understanding of UWFC’s goals and initiatives, focus areas, agency partners, successes, and overall results to effectively communicate to donors.
- Identifies and cultivates new workplace campaigns in companies throughout Florence County.
- Provides training, leadership, campaign data, and support to the UWFC Campaign Chair.
- Identifies, recruits, trains, and manages key groups of volunteers to assist with fundraising activities for the campaign.
- Monitors all campaign account progress, evaluates campaign results, identifies potential problem areas, and develops and implements corrective/improved procedures.
- Serves as a year-round point of contact and strategic consultant for all campaign accounts.
- Tracks and accurately records all campaign data in campaign database/software and prepares regular campaign activity status reports and campaign goal projections based on this data.
- Develops and implements a Leadership Giving plan that cultivates relationships with and increases donations from individual leadership donors.
- Strategically identifies and helps secure funds outside of the annual campaign through corporate sponsorships, events, and potential projects for community impact.
- Works with the President and Director of Marketing & Initiatives to create each annual campaign’s theme, tagline, video, and any other campaign-related materials.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of all UWFC events.
*This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work and may not list all duties.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, public relations, communications, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of fundraising or sales experience in either non-profit or for-profit entities.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful, long-term relationships with individuals and groups of various interests and backgrounds.
- Excellent written, oral communication and public speaking skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Proficient computer skills and capacity to learn and utilize current donor database software.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning, evening, and week meetings/presentations.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time as well as be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references with contact information to Kevin Russell at email@example.com. No phone calls please.