Campaign & Donor Relations Director
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt Employee
The Campaign & Donor Relations Director will be responsible for growing and strengthening the United Way
of Florence County’s annual campaign and donor relations by maximizing giving, retaining current and
developing new relationships with key stakeholders, corporations, and individuals, increasing volunteer
recruitment and engagement, and growing Resources under Management (RUM). This outward-facing role will
require the candidate to be a leader who has the demonstrated ability to meet goals and build strong
Develops and implements engagement and fundraising strategies that increase campaign revenue by
retaining current and attracting new individual donors and company workplace campaigns on a year-
Presents on the behalf of UWFC at all company presentations for the annual campaign and coordinates
any additional speakers from the partner agencies.
Completes face-to-face meetings with CEOs and company prospects in order to expand UWFC’s
influence and campaign results within each organization.
Maintains current understanding of UWFC’s goals and initiatives, focus areas, agency partners,
successes, and overall results to effectively communicate to donors.
Identifies and cultivates new workplace campaigns in companies throughout Florence County.
Provides training, leadership, campaign data, and support to the UWFC Campaign Chair.
Identifies, recruits, trains, and manages key groups of volunteers to assist with fundraising activities for
Monitors all campaign account progress, evaluates campaign results, identifies potential problem areas,
and develops and implements corrective/improved procedures.
- Serves as a year-round point of contact and strategic consultant for all campaign accounts.
Tracks and accurately records all campaign data in campaign database/software and prepares regular
campaign activity status reports and campaign goal projections based on this data.
Develops and implements a Leadership Giving plan that cultivates relationships with and increases
donations from individual leadership donors.
Strategically identifies and helps secure funds outside of the annual campaign through corporate
sponsorships, events, and potential projects for community impact.
Works with the President and Director of Marketing & Initiatives to create each annual campaign’s
theme, tagline, video, and any other campaign-related materials.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of all UWFC events.
*This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work and may not list all
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, public relations, communications, or related
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of fundraising or sales experience in either non-profit or for-profit entities
- Demonstrated ability to build successful, long-term relationships with individuals and groups of various
interests and backgrounds.
- Excellent written, oral communication and public speaking skills that are effective with a diverse range
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while effectively managing multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills and capacity to learn and utilize current donor database software
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning,
evening, and week meetings/presentations.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time as well as be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references with contact
information to Kevin Russell at email@example.com. No phone calls please.