Where We Are
- Since 2008, Florence County unemployment nearly doubled from 6.5% to 12.%% and still stands at 10.4%, well above the national average of 9.2 % and the state average of 9.6%
- Studies by Florence-Darlington Technical College state that at least 2,000 manufacturing-related jobs wil open in the next 3-5 ears. Other industries are expected to show a similar rise.
Project H.O.P.E. Responds
A generous grant from Johnson Controls, a technology and industrial leader, provided the start-up capital and pledge to support necessary to bring Project H.O.P.E. to the Florence community. Project H.O.P.E. is designed to improve the quality of the workforce in Florence County by increasing occupational skill levels of participants, preparing them for productive employment.
Goals of Project H.O.P.E.
- Provide training and education to enhance participants' current skills and experience
- Empower a more qualified workforce
- Fulfill jobs from within the community
- Whenever possible, reduce recruiting from outside South Carolina
- Create awareness of job opportunities
To Employers: Employee performance maximization and retention will allow employers to promote from within and reduce recruiting costs.
To Participants: Sustainable careers with long-term employment will move participants towards better opportunities for themselves and their families.
To the Community: Establishing a fully supported, community integrated program, Project H.O.P.E. will successfully provide resources and results into the future.
To learn more about how you can be involved, contact:
Project H.O.P.E. Director
For a Project H.O.P.E. Intake Form, click here.
F. Fuller Form HERE